FOSDEM 2019 - booth team

It will be my first time at FOSDEM. Looking forward to it!

Hi,
I’m there and I can help setup the booth. In addition I’m fine with taking one shift at the booth.

Is it possible to have one or two bar tables in front of the booth? For me it feels always like a barrier behind a table with the visitors on the other side. Or maybe we can separate it. One side for merchandising and the other for hanging around and talking :slight_smile:

Hi, Michael! Will you already be in Brussels on Friday? Because we’ll set up the booth at the day before FOSDEM actually starts.

As we’ll only have a single table this year, we’ll probably arrange things in a way that usually 2 people are behind the table and take care for the merchandise (taking out stuff from the boxes, handling cash), while other people will just stand in front of the booth and talk to visitors.

Yes, I think so.

Hello hello,

will also be there and will also stay at Motel One.

Best,
Alexandra

1 Like

Hi,

I’ll be there but can only say hello to you in the morning of Feb. 2nd since I have to leave in the afternoon so that I can catch up the time to he with my families during Chinese New Year in Taiwan.

BTW… anyone knows me there? :roll_eyes:

Hello,
I’m new here. This is Pablo González from Madrid.
Thank you for your effort organizing the booth. I don’t know if I’ll be there.
Greetings

Hi Reinhard, which shifts are there?

As in the past years, there will be enough volunteers helping that I don’t think we need to define shifts. Whenever you feel like spending some time at the booth, just come and say you’re available :slight_smile:

for the record, i will be there as well, i just got the confirmation
that i have a flight and a room at motelone.

regards,

News again. I just (finally) received the plan for the stands.

We will have a single table (together with FSF, who will not use much of the space) in Building K - the location is exactly where the left (looking from outside of the booth) of our tables was in the previous years. The next booth (so where our second table was in previous years) there is the Software Freedom Conservancy, and next to that the Open Source Initiative.

So the bad news is that we’re right in front of the fire hose and can’t have a huge pile of boxes with merchandise behind our booth.

I guess what we’ll end up is:

• have absolutely no luggage and no coats at the booth (as discussed before)
  • store everything that’s not merchandise (the toolbox, promotion material reserves, etc) in the cloakroom and fetch stuff from there when we need it
  • maybe even have some boxes with merchandise in the cloakroom as well, for example if we have 30 hoodies of the same size, only have 5 of them at the booth and 25 in the cloakroom
  • only have one person behind the booth working as the storeman, and everybody else stands in front of the booth

This FOSDEM is going to be a challenge :slight_smile:

FYI, I created a new topic for the social event planning here.

@reinhard when does the set up start on Friday?

Hello! I’ll be at FOSDEM again this year and I can help at the booth.

@mweimann: Last year, people met starting at 14:00, the truck with the merchandise boxes was scheduled to arrive between 14:00 and 16:00 (and was punctual, IIRC), and booth setup was finished (again IIRC) between 18:00 and 19:00. So everybody who can arrive at ULB between, say, 14:00 and 17:00 is very welcome to join us at building K.

My train is scheduled to arrive at Brussels at 15:35, so I’ll arrive at ULB not before 16:00 or 16:15. And if any of the trains is late and I miss a connection (like last year :frowning:) then I might again not be available at all to help with the booth setup…

Dear all!

Thank you all for joining the FOSDEM booth team! I’ll summarize here whom we have, so we can prepare the name tags (names in alphabetical order:

• Albert Dengg
  • Alexander Sander
  • Alexandra Busch
  • André Ockers
  • Björn Schießle (@bjoern do you want an FSFE name tag? I guess you’ll mainly be busy with another hat on…)
  • Carmen Bianca Bakker
  • Christian Kalkhoff
  • Cryptie
  • Erik Albers
  • Erik Grun
  • Federico Leva
  • Francesca Indorato
  • Gabriel Ku
  • Galia Mancheva
  • Katja Müller
  • Marco van Hulten
  • Max Mehl
  • Michael Weimann
  • Reinhard Müller
  • Ulrike Sliwinski
  • Vincent Lequertier

@fweng322 it seems like nobody from this group has met you yet, so we would be very happy if you said hello at our booth!

As a next step, I’ll open a new topic in which we can discuss the preparations.

Thanks,
Reinhard

1 Like

I’ll be there to help too.

How could I forget you! :slight_smile: I’ve now added you to the list above.

Hello Reinhard. I will not be at FOSDEM this time.
Thank you again.

Hi Reinhard,

Je mar, 2019-01-22 je 08:02 +0000, Reinhard Müller skribis:

reinhard 

January 22
Dear all!
Thank you all for joining the FOSDEM booth team! I’ll summarize here
whom we have, so we can prepare the name tags (names in alphabetical
order:

I hadn’t been paying attention to this mailing list. I will be at
FOSDEM too; will probably spend time at the booth.

With kindness,
Carmen

1 Like