New sub-category for activities: funding-foss

Hi admins team,

at 35c3 there was a vital discussion about funding models for FOSS-projects, see:

We want to continue to communicate about this and thought about an fsfe hosted mailinglist, but Eric (eal@fsfe; dont know his dicourse handle right now) suggested to use this discourse instance instead.

Long story short: A new sub-category for activities with the name funding-foss would be really nice. If I could have something like admin rights there I could write the description by myself.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

I just created the category https://community.fsfe.org/c/activities/funding-free-software

I used “funding-foss” as the URL and as name something more “human readable” align with the naming of other categories: “Funding Free Software”. I couldn’t find a way to give individuals special admin rights. But you should be able to edit the introduction post. If not let me know what you would like to have there and I will add it.

At the moment the category is readable by everyone. Is this OK or would you prefer a more private setting, e.g. only readable by logged in users?

Cheers,
Björn

Just a detail: Renamed the link to funding-free-software as the links and titles should always be the same. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this category really active? I get a “does not exist” error when clicking on the link above and could not find it in the “Category” drop-down when creating a new topic…

~ Christian via FSFE Community [2019-06-30 19:02 +0200]:

Is this category really active? I get a “does not exist” error when clicking on the link above and could not find it in the “Category” drop-down when creating a new topic…

Not any more. Since there was no activity at all, we figured that it
might more sense if this topic is dealt with in the normal “Discussion”
category. Too much separation does rather hide away interesting threads
in the early state of this forum :slight_smile: