I was wondering what the current state of the FSFE slide template is. It seems that people use different templates, or designs which could possibly be improved.
Here’s my feedback already in writing (noted down during Patrick’s presentation at the GA):
- Background should be full white instead of old Plussy pattern
- On first page, maybe some illustration/graphic/photo
- If a photo, then it could be full-page and the FSFE logo in white centered
- Typeface for the presentations should be adjusted. Ones which look similar to the logo are Quicksand, Nunito or Dosis. (Varela Round is also good, but comes only in Regular weight.)
- Is any of these maybe the logo typeface?
- In any case we should not use something nerdy like a monospace or something like Arial / Verdana / Liberation Sans etc.
- For text Regular, for highlights and headings either Semibold or Bold (but we pick and choose only one).
- For sections we should use icons related to the section – possibly from The Noun Project – rather than repeating the FSFE logo.
- For bullet points we should use simple round points, not grey squares.
- If there is a full-screen image used, the FSFE logo should be in a corner (we should decide on one) in monochrome white. Directly on the image. (Not in colored on a white small background.)
- What’s always nice as a dash of color is a bar at the top of every slide with the FSFE colors – just a few pixels high, directly at the edge.
If we have the slide templates somewhere I can make the adjustments.