FSFE slide template

Can you pls check all .

I have used the template for my recent presentation on REUSE. I changed a few things, e.g. the font size of the headlines or the indentation for bullet points.

Perhaps it is useful for more people and may be included in the next iteration of the official template: https://download.fsfe.org/presentations/20191028-mm-OSSEU-REUSE.en.odp

I’m a bit lost on the status. Is there anyone currently improving the template, or are we only discussing possible proposals. I’m hesitant to start editing if we end up with multiple versions we have to merge afterwards.

Also some remarks came to mind:

@max.mehl I like what you did with the source code blocks. That could be something to include in a set of sample slides.

Regarding the white on dark text, the master slide background could be made dark, so that the text at least stands out. It is up to the user to overlay the background with a picture.

We could include the used Roboto font in the template, in case a user doesn’t have the font on their machine. Going by the bug tracker, this is supported since LibreOffice version 4.1. Although it might not work on all platforms. But at least it prevents incorrect rendering.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Can you clarify?

@nicorikken my understanding is that @cornouws will improve the handling of the master slides based on the design @jan provided.

If @jan agrees we can also use @max.mehl 's modifications for that.

@giammi also started using the new template. He is using Latex-Beamer and adopted the new style for this. You can find his template in the Zurich group’s git repro.

I asked if you can check all the page numbers that you gave with the slide. I’m sure that not only 6<>7 is wrong. At least in the presentation that I have.
" @mattias: can you please check the page numbers in your post from Oct. 2 ?
e.g. " full screen picture with bright background (p6)" I think that is page 7… ?
pls check all. thanks,"
Starting with work when things are not clear, is not a good idea.

@cornouws Thanks for clarifying. I now edited the post and corrected some other page numbers. It turned out that after I saved @jan 's document I played around and edited some stuff to play around. Now corrected according to the file @jan posted.

I now slightly changed some parts (making the headlines and texts a bit smaller, so it is not that dense. Here the slides I used for the FSFE community meeting 2019 (ODP ~30MB).

Hi dear people,

Reality is, that it’s too busy here. Weekend, and still piles before the next week comes. Sorry for now.

1 Like

I have created a presentation template which uses reveal.js :slight_smile: The repository is here and a sample PDF can be found here.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think you’ll manage in February?

@vincent Thanks for that. Did you also try out how reveal.js works with full screen pictures being added?

@mk: Yes. reveal.js supports full screen images. If I test this the fsfe logo gets hidden though.

I have an online presentation coming up. I like the recent styles that were ended up linking. The .odp link by Max is dead now, but the rendered .pdf can still be found: https://download.fsfe.org/presentations/20200202-mm-FOSDEM-REUSE.en.pdf
I like that style, it works great for both diagrams and a graphical style with images.
@max.mehl Is there a place where I can find the most recent template, or existing presentation to go on?

Assuming I’m not the only one looking for a template, we could summarize the content of this topic on the wiki. By recommending the presentation template, and linking to the mentioned alternatives for LaTeX and reveal.js fans. I’d be happy to document this, if somebody can point to me to correct location in the wiki. Because I’m uncertain in which category to put it: Internal, TechDocs, KnowHow, Groups. Also I think we should place the templates on a linkable, reasonably persistent location like the downloads directory.